I agree with most of the commentary I've seen in this thread. I just
wanted to highlight one milestone:

>     - EOY 2014: Deliverable #1 (above document + possible methods to address).
>     - 92nd IETF: Deliverable #2 - Document describing DMARC improvements to
> better support indirect mail flows.

So that's delivery of #2 during the last week of March, 2015, or about
eight months from now. And roughly three months after Deliverable #1,
including possible methods to address interop issues, is delivered.

How much "running code"[1] is Deliverable #2 supposed to reflect? Even
bearing in mind Tim's note about not being too limited by
"waterfalling," we'd want to have solidly identified the mechanisms to
be tested well before the holiday season - especially given lead times
for larger organizations/operators, where it might take three months
just to implement and package any changes.

I know this is all pretty flexible at this stage, so again I'm just
wondering if at this stage we have a notion of whether and/or how much
operational experience we expect to inform Deliverable #2?

Either way, I'm glad to see us moving forward.
--Steve.

[1]  Dr. Dave Clark, http://www.ietf.org/tao.html, etc. I always thought
it was "rough consensus and working code," glad I checked.