Apologies for the top-posting, but this is exactly the scenario that has
been discussed earlier on the list:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dmarc/current/msg04151.html as well
as during the recent IETF101 meeting:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-101-dmarc/

The problem really is (at the moment) that there is no basis in the lookup
algorithm to ever query the "last public" domain (aka "org-1"). Would the
community be open to adding a third potential lookup to the algorithm?
   1 - check the domain itself
   2 - check the org domain
   3 - check org-1

--Kurt