Currently, we don't do anything with failed chains short of keeping stats.
Everything we've used the chain for so far has been from passing chains.

That said, we still only trust our own chain elements, we haven't seen wide
enough adoption to spend much effort on interpreting chains which
involve multiple parties.

Brandon