Thank you Todd.   I found this very helpful because it sets appropriately
low expectations but also describes a framework that I can envision
integrating into my filtering process.

Some version of these concepts need to be worked into the bis or BCP
document, so that product developers do not continue to implement SPF and
DMARC as on-off switches without integration to a local policy system which
implements the local reputation database.

Your comments about ARC do a better job of articulating its use case than I
have read anywhere else.   I have some ideas for elaborating them, but I
will save them for later, to avoid being reminded that forwarding is off
topic.

Doug Foster