Hi,

> dmarc-record = dmarc-version dmarc-sep *(dmarc-tag dmarc-sep)

The problem there is the dmarc-sep must be present at the end. Indeed, as defined in RFC7489 it is not mandatory and a lot of current existing DMARC records do not ends with dmarc-sep : 74.05% of the valid DMARC records I found on the top 5m domain list tranco.Even if i don't like taking GAFAM as an example, look at google's dmarc.

If i remember well, it already has been discuss in April.

As it, I propose this rule :

dmarc-record = dmarc-version *(dmarc-sep dmarc-tag) [ dmarc-sep ]

> dmarc-fo = "fo" *WSP "=" *WSP ( "0" / "1" / ( "d" / "s" / "d:s" / "s:d" ) )

What about domain owner that have a value that is not listed there ? ex: "1:d" or even "1:d:s" ? (4.59% of explicit fo tags, from my measurements)

Do you also want to talk about ABNF for aggregate report in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-aggregate-reporting/ ? (or RFC7489) ?

From the passive measurements that i did for dmarc aggregate report (48 monitored domains ,7135 aggregate report from 206 different reporting orgĀ  ) : only 4 organization strictly follow the formal definition for the name of the subject, the attachment or the rapport itself.

Best regards,

Olivier Hureau