On April 12, 2023 9:51:14 AM UTC, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
>On Wed 12/Apr/2023 10:35:06 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:

>>> It would, as long as subsequent standard revisions suggest different
>>> values, and people more or less follow.  Compare with suggested/
>>> recommended RSA key lengths.
>>
>> I don't think that's an apt comparison, but even if it were, what's the
>> advantage of making the outcome of record lookups less consistent?
>

>Not getting stuck in hard-coded limits, like 10 lookups for SPF, for example.

If we'd written N lookups where N=10 instead of 10 lookups, the impact on the
installed base would be no different.  We'll publish a new RFC and everyone
will update their systems in no time isn't a thing.  It's also not a topic I
think it's useful to spend time on, so I'm out of this thread.

Scott K