I'm glad you brought up the binding operative, I had the same thought.

The federal mandate also pushed several state governments to follow suit, as there wasn't any pressure before (even though federal BO's don't technically apply to state governments.)

Examples:

Alabama - reject (alabama.gov, al.gov, state.al.us)
Hawaii - reject (hawaii.gov)
Missouri - reject (missouri.gov)
Montana - reject (montana.gov, mt.gov)
New Jersey - reject (state.nj.us, nj.gov)
Ohio - quarantine (state.oh.us, ohio.gov)
South Carolina - quarantine (state.sc.us)
Tennessee - reject (state.tn.us)
West Virginia - reject (wv.gov)

- Mark Alley