It appears that Barry Leiba  <barryle...@computer.org> said:
>I, too, prefer MUST to SHOULD there, but it was clear to me that we
>will not reach rough consensus on MUST, but that we can reach rough
>consensus on SHOULD.
>
>I do like your suggestion of silent discard rather than bounce, and I
>would want to see that change made -- perhaps with a note that
>aggregate reports will still include information about those discards.

Silent discard breaks RFC 5321 and some people feel very strongly
about it. For reasons I am sure I don't need to remind you of, don't
go there.

If you get so many bounces that you find it annoying, that is nature's
way of reminding you that you should do something about it.  Personally,
I use sorting rules to put the bounces in a place where they don't
clutter up my main inbox.

R's,
John