On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 6:14 AM Douglas Foster <
dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Malicious impersonation creates a need for authentication.   If the list
> makes changes that disable the originator's authentication, then it is the
> list's problem to find a way to convince the recipient that the message is
> not a malicious impersonation.  ARC and Munging together are the best
> available way to do so, because no other options are on the table.

I continue to disagree with this line of thinking.  Lists have been
behaving a particular way, with important operational benefits to users
(unrelated to authentication), for a very long time.  That they should
suddenly be told by senders that the Internet works a different way
starting now and those behaviors are wrong and must be fixed, to me, defies
reason.

If you want to blame someone for the list problem, blame the criminals.

Here, we agree.

-MSK, participating