Don Clugston, el 19 de enero a las 09:59 me escribiste: > Please note that the process of fixing bugs is not random. > I documented the priority list a very long time ago, it was originally > based on a post by Walter. > > http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel#DMDCompilerStability > > I've been following that for several years now. It's pretty accurate, > it covers about 70% of the bugs in the changelog.
By the way, I think the priority field name could be improved. P1, P2, P3... Doesn't say much, you have to click on the description to figure out what it means (I always wonder if P1 is high priority or if is it P5?). Also it would be nice to clarify that this should be edited only by somebody *planning* a release. This is what we should use to set what should be fixed first. I think it could take 2 minutes to improve this, by changing priorities to something like (based on the description): P1 -> Immediate (*) P2 -> Next release P3 -> Eventually P4 -> Future P5 -> Informational (*) I don't think this is actually used as there are no "maintenance" releases fixing just urgent critical bugs/regressions (something like 1.071.1), but it would be very nice to have this kind of releases too. Sometimes you have to wait too much for an update and you can't change to a new version because of a regression that maybe it's already fixed, but not released. Another place where bugzilla could be improved is adding a new Status/Resolution to state if a fixed bug is released or not. This way they can be closed as soon as they are fixed, but you can still easily see if the fix is actually available or not. -- Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca) http://llucax.com.ar/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------- GPG Key: 5F5A8D05 (F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145 104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Que barbaridad, este país se va cada ves más pa' tras, más pa' tras... -- Sidharta Kiwi _______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
