On 1/19/12 2:59 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
Please note that the process of fixing bugs is not random.
I documented the priority list a very long time ago, it was originally
based on a post by Walter.

http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel#DMDCompilerStability

I've been following that for several years now.

I knew that, and that's great. I don't think Walter is following that though, but that's beside the point.

This thread has degenerated however from "let's get better structure in our team" to "let's get better prioritization for fixing bugs". I am now given examples left and right of how we can use bugzilla because everybody now talks about bugs.

I want us to acquire better organizational means that allow us to maximize impact of our work, not only on fixing bugs, but on implementing advertised features and new features. We need to have plans and pursue them to completion. We need to have a roadmap with milestones, predictable evolution, and things people may rely on us for.

We just can't cowboy it anymore.


Andrei
_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals

Reply via email to