Hi Sri,

AERO route optimization is quite different than this. AERO route
optimization is based on a chain-of-trust whereby the RO requests
and replys always come from the Client's trusted Server instead
of an untrusted node. AERO RO is unidirectional - to set up a
bidirectional RO requires two unidirectional ROs. These can
happen simultaneously or separately, and in some cases it may
even be preferable to have only one of the two directions
optimized.

In the process of setting up the RO, the Clients also come to know
the permissible encapsulation IP address or addresses for the
encapsulated address. So, the RO also provides a simple data
origin authentication capability.

> 2.) Network-based
>
> - Signaling is based on PMIPv6; (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6705#page-8)
> - User plane is based on direct tunneling
> - Scope is localized PMIP domain
> - Works with any mobile node with no additional software capabilities

This looks very close to the way AERO handles RO in the network
based case. In this case, the AERO Client is analogous to the
PMIPv6 MAG, and the RO can go MN1<->Client1<->Client2<->MN2.

One of the key differences again is that the AERO NBMA virtual
link does not require any explicit tunnel configurations. So,
tunneling between Client1<->Client2 is guided by neighbor cache
information on the NBMA link.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com