Alper,

Inline Š

On 10/16/14 1:32 AM, "Alper Yegin" <alper.ye...@yegin.org> wrote:

>Hello folks,
>
>Here are few clarification questions and comments on the Forwarding Path
>& Signaling Management WT discussion material (oh, maybe it's time we
>start numbering these WTs :-)
>http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2014/10/07/dmm/slides/slides-inter
>im-2014-dmm-3-1.pdf
>

>- Are we not going to support roaming? Or, even w/o roaming, I'd think
>there'd be inter-domain signaling, e.g., DPA and DPN belonging to two
>different networks.

[Sri] I agree, Roaming should be supported. That's a good point. That is a
intra-controller interface.

>- What is the difference between DPA and DPN? We need definitions for
>these terms.

[Sri]
Data Plane Anchor
Data Plane Node

We had some definitions in the IETF slides that we discussed in the last
meeting

>- Slide 8: Is this simply showing how BGP-based solutions can be covered
>here? Or something else?

[Sri] The interface can be realized using multiple approaches, one being
the BGP-based approach, other explicit signaling based interface

>- What is the relationship between Slides 6-7-8?

[Sri] I though we had some discussion on this in the last IETF. In the
context of Forwarding path, the key point is the interface between a
control plane entity and a data plane entity.
May be Marco has a better explanation

>- What is a controller "type"?

[Sri] In deployments there could be controller entities on function basis;
Ex: Mobility Controller, Routing controller ..etc. I agree with you we
should not decompose the controller, but should look at this as one single
entity.

>- Should QoS really be part of this work? I think notŠ

[Sri] There is QoS support in all mobility architecture. QoS is tied to
subscription and a key function of the mobility gateway. The CP entity
should be able to provide the QoS parameters to the DP entity

>- Why would DP be querying CP?

[Sri] Keeping the interface between CP and DP flexible allows us to
support all types of scenarios. Lets take a simple example of a DP node
loosing state, there should be mechanism to make a query to the CP entity.

>- Slide 13: It's not immediately clear why we need these identifiers, and
>how they are used. Maybe there's a solution behind them, but the reader
>cannot get the picture.

[Sri] These are described at a high-level; Subject to change. The draft
should have some details on the semantics and structure.