Probably not. Its not updating RFC4283. Its defining new type values and
certainly it can be done in a separate document.

May be Chairs have a better view.

Sri

From: Hui Deng <denghu...@gmail.com<mailto:denghu...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:09 PM
To: Sri Gundavelli <sgund...@cisco.com<mailto:sgund...@cisco.com>>
Cc: "Charles E. Perkins" <charl...@computer.org<mailto:charl...@computer.org>>,
"dmm@ietf.org<mailto:dmm@ietf.org>" <dmm@ietf.org<mailto:dmm@ietf.org>>
Subject: Re: [DMM] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-perkins-dmm-4283mnids-00.txt

thanks for your explaination,
wouldn't that be RFC 4283bis?

-Hui

<sgund...@cisco.com<mailto:sgund...@cisco.com>>:
Hi Hui,

May be this is for Charlie and also Vijay from the ancient history. But, let me
try.

The work in MIF is more about defining network/PVD identity. In one sense its
similar to the PLMN ID construct. Where as the MN-Id extensions draft is more
about generating MN-Identity based on other protocol identifiers and other
physical device identifiers. We already have IMSI-based identifier, which is
the IMSI-NAI; We needed similar identifier based on MAC address for Wi-Fi, and
also others identifiers based on some other sources. So, this is more about
extending the base 4283 work with new types.

Regards
Sri