在 2015年3月25日 星期三,下午6:54,Alper Yegin 写道:

> > > This is not equal to "HoA".
> > > This is equal to "HoA permanently allocated on a HA in the core network"
> > > (as opposed to "HoA temporarily allocated on a HA in the access network")
> > >
> > The draft says: “This is what standard Mobile IP provides with a Home
> > Address (HoA)...”  If it is not equal to HoA, need clarification in the
> > draft.
> > >

> Draft says "This is what standard Mobile IP provides with a Home Address
> (HoA). The mobile host is configures a HoA from a centrally-located Home
> Network. "
>
> If this is not clear enough, we can certainly elaborate more on that in the
> I-D.

Yes. It needs more elaboration.

> > > If the IP stack on the host releases the IP address, then of course it's
> > > not a "fixed IP address".
> > > Please see the definitions of these terms in the I-D.

> > > You had said this before, and I had explained it.
> > > Nevertheless, let me recap:
> > > You cannot ensure an ongoing IP flow continues w/o interruption if you
> > > simply rely on dynamic DNS. Ongoing flows break even if you update the
> > > DNS.
> > > Furthermore, even if you ignore the ongoing flows, also note that DNS
> > > clients have a cache, hence a dynamic DNS update cannot be
> > > instantaneously reflected on the hosts.
> > > So, you cannot provide full mobility solution by relying on dynamic DNS.
> > >

> > The point here is “reachability” instead of “mobility”.
> > Further more, even mobile IP may lost some packet during handover.
> >

> Not sure if this point has any impact on the discussion.

The point is: in the draft,  whether support “reachability” is the distinction
between “fixed IP” and “ sustained IP”, but the truth is any type of IP address
can provide “reachability”. So there is no clear dividing line between  “fixed
IP” and “ sustained IP” in the definition. That is why the definition of the IP
types is not valid.

> > > If you don't name it, how would you refer to it in this context?
> > If the justification of naming IP address as “fixed IP” and “ sustained IP”
> > is not valid, then we may not necessary need a new name for normal IP
> > address.
> >

> I and the WT#1 believe that justification is valid.
> If you believe otherwise, please elaborate.

Pls see above comment.

Dapeng