Response inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: ila [mailto:ila-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Satoru Matsushima
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 3:53 AM
To: Bogineni, Kalyani <kalyani.bogin...@verizonwireless.com>
Cc: i...@ietf.org; dmm <dmm@ietf.org>
Subject: [E] [Ila] Non-mobility functions in Uplane [was Re: review comments on
] draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-00.txt]

Kalyani,
# Subject changed.

> Maybe you can see SRv6 mobile uplane as a set of SRv6 functions like a SRv6
> profile for mobile with some augment.
>
> When it comes to service function type UPF, you name it. Following draft
> exhibits how service chain can be done by SRv6:
> [KB] I think these are non-mobility functions as being discussed on the email
> thread with Marco Liebsch.

I saw that discussion. Non-mobility functions of which deployed on SGi/Gi-LAN
types can still be considered as functions deployed in N6.
IMO I couldn’t find that assumption in TS23.501. So it would be a clarification
point whether those type of UP functions can be deployed within mobility
management data path programmed by SMF utilizing (multiple) N9.

Thought?
[KB] My colleague in SA2 pointed me to section 5.8 in 23.501.

Cheers,
--satoru