Dear Satoru,

I am Sridhar Bhaskaran - 3GPP CT4 delegate. In addition to John's questions, I
have few more questions for clarification.

1. Section 5.2.2 of the draft says,

UPF2_in : (Z,A)                              -> UPF2 maps the flow w/
                                            SID list <C1,S1, gNB>

When the packet arrives to the UPF2, the UPF2 will map that
   particular flow into a UE session.

Does this mean the UPF2 is aware of the gNB the UE is latched on and hence
after each mobility, the information regarding current gNB is signaled /
programmed till the UPF2 (which could be the PDU session anchor UPF)?

2. For traditional mode (basic mode), could you please elaborate on the MTU
overhead being less than GTPU? GTPU encap MTU overhead = 20 octets outer IPv4
header + 8 octets UDP header + 12 octets GTPU header + Extension header for
QFI. SRv6 encap MTU overhead = 40 octets IPv6 header + EH for carrying QFI
(this part is not clear - see my next question). In your blog
https://blog.apnic.net/2018/03/07/reducing-complexity-5g-networks-using-segment-routing-ipv6/
 I noticed in Fig.1 the MPLS / TE headers included in calculation. So does the
MTU overhead saving talked about for SRv6 assume that underlay TE technologies
are replaced? It is not clear from the draft. If there are any other drafts
that provide a clear calculation on the MTU savings, could you please point to
them?

3. How to encode QFI, RQI in SRv6 (both traditional mode and enhanced mode)? In
GTPU the QFI/RQI markings are carried in a GTPU extension header, defined as a
container. Please refer the following documents for details

Incoming LS from RAN3 to CT4:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ct/WG4_protocollars_ex-CN4/TSGCT4_83_Montreal/Docs/C4-182214.zip

Corresponding agreed CR in CT4:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ct/WG4_protocollars_ex-CN4/TSGCT4_83_Montreal/Docs/C4-182246.zip