Hi,

Where were you running the anti-virus programme? On the server, or your
client system? The spool directories should be excluded from anti-virus
scans to prevent corruption of the database.

Also, what *.htm files? DNews doesn't use these.

I'd say given this problem occurs only with Xnews, then it is a client-side
bug, and a rebuild_index on the server will not fix the problem.

- Roydon L.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> I have one group that shuts down my newsreader Xnews every time I pull
> headers. It happens during threading. I suspect what happened did so
during
> the backfill when my antivirus program found a few viruses in the .htm
> files. It quarantined them and that may have been what messed it up. Would
> rebuilding indexes fix it? Thanks for any reply.
>
> It doesn't cause problems with other newsreaders, only with Xnews. I'm
sure
> the htm files got corrupted when it was backfilling this particular group
> so the newsreader is not at fault.
>
>


Reply via email to