[to richard, top-posted deliberately so that the chances are high that
he will read it] - richard, apologies, i appreciate you are using
gmail which provides a nice clean way to encourage people to top-post,
but in case you have never encountered the reasons why it is bad, may
i suggest you read these:

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#toppost
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

there is a very funny joke as well which explains why it is bad: