Hendrik Boom <hendrik <at> topoi.pooq.com> writes:

> Wasn't the initial plan to have a Devuan repository that could be added
> to the existing Debian repositories (but pinned to higher priority)
> so we could focus on changing what needed changing, but not waste time
> on replicating *everything*?

 that is exactly what i am endeavouring to get clarity on, hendrik.

 your question is precisely the one that has not been made clear, in
 any way, shape or form.  it is not made clear on the web site;
 it has not been made clear on the wiki (which is hard to access
 btw), and i have yet to see a response which answers "yes or no"
 out of nearly 30 messages so far, from around 10 people.

 we have however had a number of messages which indicate that there
 is a *belief* that it is an entire fork being developed (due to the
 use of the word "fork").  there has been another message with a
 clarification that forks _can_ be "merged", and another which
 expresses the (faulty) opinion that because no fork has ever yet
 been merged it must logically (incorrectly) follow that this fork
 must, with a 100% guarantee, *never* be possible to merge.  which
 is silly.

 so there is a lot of confusion and lack of clarity about
 exactly what the direction and focus of the devuan project is.

 hence the reason why i am asking the questions.

l.