On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:27:23 -0500
Hendrik Boom <hend...@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 09:57:29AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > If you're talking about Devuan, yes, it is! I got on the Devuan
> > mailing list just to escape systemd, and have been pleasantly
> > surprised by how Devuan is re-architecting everything.
>
> Does that meerly reflect how systemd is dearchitecting everything?
> Or are there things being rearchitected that aren't systemd issues?
>
> -- hendrik

Well, first of all, understand the only Devuan I've run is Valentines,
and I didn't peer too deeply under the hood. My opinions come from
things the Devuan Developers say on this list. I've seen a replacement
for udev which, if I'm not mistaken, can simply be substituted for udev
or eudev. I've heard talk of ways to eliminate the need for dbus.
Depending on other stuff, I might be involved in a no-dbus replacement
for NetworkManager. Lots of similar stuff. All of this points to a
distro that's friendly to an architecture of thin linkages between
components, which is how I like it.

SteveT