Le 27/05/2016 23:27, Irrwahn a écrit :
On Fri, 27 May 2016 10:01:12 +0100, Katolaz wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:58:00AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
Le 27/05/2016 02:39, emnin...@riseup.net a écrit :
  I've
finished now, more or less, my installation with a "custom made" jwm
desktop. So far, so fine.
     Dear emninger, when you are finished more more than less, it
would be very valuable if you could give us a summary, like a simple
howto, because digging the thread to trace back everything you tried
is a lot of work. I think a mail with a proper title going to the
archive could do it.

Or, better, a proper mini-HOWTO to be included among the Devuan
documentation?

I just had an hour to spare, so I thought I'd quickly whip
up a crude walk-through for a "minimalist"[1] Devuan JWM/LXDM.
It may serve as a starting point for a more elaborate write
up for installing a "fancy" JWM desktop installation.

Here goes, use at will:

--8<-----------------------------------------------------------

How To Install A Minimalist Devuan JWM+LXDM Desktop Environment

1. Install the Devuan base system. Follow the installer
    defaults, but select the preferred locale settings and
    enter the user account details. Do not select a desktop
    environment!
2. After the reboot, login as root.

3. Add to /etc/apt/sources.list the following line:
    deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged ascii main

4. Issue the following commands to install lxdm:
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get --no-install-recommends install lxdm

5. Remove from sources.list the line added in step 3.

6. Issue the following command to install JWM:
    # apt-get --no-install-recommends install jwm xorg menu

7. Reboot the system:
    # reboot

8. In the LXDM login screen select "Jwm" for the Desktop
    (it will "stick") and login with your user account.

9. To shut down or reboot the system, terminate JWM via "Exit"
    from the JWM menu, and then use the LXDM "Quit" menu.

[1] Uses ~1.1GB of disk space on an AMD64 machine!

HTH, Regards
Urban

    Thanks. Replying mostly to change the title.

I sort of remember there was a discussion about keyboard shortcuts to terminate session. Was this in another thread? I'm a bit lost:-)

    Didier