On 10/17/2016 08:19 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 17:26:46 -0400
> fsmithred <fsmith...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It worked great until I blew away the plop
>> bootloader by installing grub. :o
>> -fsr
> Whoaaaa, I want to hear about the Plop Bootloader. I've used Plop Linux
> and liked it for what it was. How does one back up the Plop bootloader
> so it can be restored when an upgrade blows it away? Can Plop be used
> with a modern UEFI-only computer? (One can hope)?
> Thanks,
> SteveT

I know very little about Plop Bootloader. What I recall is that it can be
installed to the hard drive or to external media. In this case, it was on
the hard drive.

As for what a modern UEFI-only computer will do, you may as well examine
entrails to get that answer. If you want to get an idea of the range of
possibilities, read this -

Some will let you put a bootloader in the MBR without screwing things up,
so it may be possible. Maybe I'll get brave and try it on the one uefi
machine I have.

I did try rEFInd on a usb stick, and it worked great. My 256MB thumb drive
is now a permanent home for that. Just in case.