Ed,

After such a period of calm and right on time for our beta2
announcement, having this inflamatory thread *really* doesn't helps
the project *at all*. It is not representative of any other debate
that has taken place on DNG in the past year, yet it is the top thread
appearing on our list archives right now that media attention has
woken up to the call of good results for all our hard work.
I really really wish you'd be more conscious of this.

FYI here below is the disclaimer presented when you join our lists

   Our mailing lists are interactive and all subscribers can write. We
   debate new software releases, events, projects, roadmaps in a
   friendly environment with good humour and cyberfreaks hanging
   around. The choice of language is open, just make sure someone
   understands you ;^)

   If you are new to mailinglists, please read the Netiquette
   Guidelines (RFC1855) and in particular the chapter 3.0 about
   One-to-Many Communication.

   The mailinglists hosted here are completely free, they are
   published on the web and can be searched in public
   archives. Posting to them is limited to subscribers and
   subscription is free.  Your email details will be never disclosed,
   neither will be sold to anyone. This service is provided as is, in
   the hope it will be useful but without any warranty. Anyone posting
   is the sole responsible for any information shared

Now back to us, I am personally committed to avoid this situation and
kindly ask everyone to avoid trolling and even further replies.

I will remove all the posts (do you have a list you can send me in
private or should just grep your name out?)  and take measures so that
this situation doesn't repeates in future, also meaning you will loose
access to post to the list. If you like, you can write a last mail to
greet everyone and point out other fora where to reach you to discuss
your projects.

ciao