On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 01:18:34PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Fsmithred and I have put a heckofa lot of time into this, and frankly
> need help from everyone who can reproduce this problem (Fsmithred
> can't).
>
> The problem is this:  When you run either Refracta or Devuan Jessie
> Beta 2 in a Qemu guest (on a Void Linux host), run the GUI, and click
> the mouse in the guest so that the mouse is captured by the guest:
>
> 1) You cannot get the mouse pointer to go outside the guest window,
>    whether or not you press the ungrab hotkey.
>
> 2) Pressing the hotkey that would ordinarily get you to another
>    workspace on the host doesn't work.
>
> 3) As a result, your only way of using other programs on the host is to:
>     a) Log out of the gui so you're confronted with the login window,
>     b) Press the ungrab key combo, and c) move the mouse where you want
>     it to go.

Hi,

it looks like whatever-desktop-envinroment you are using on the *host*
system is grabbing the default hot-key sequence to exit from qemu
(which is Ctrl+Alt). You may try to start qemu with either "-alt-grab"
or "-ctrl-grab", which would change the ungrab sequence to
"Ctrl-Shift-Alt" or "Right-Ctrl", respectively. Or instead you can try
to execute qemu from an X session without a DM (i.e., started with
"xinit /usr/bin/xterm -- :1").

My2Cents

KatolaZ