On 12/30/2016 02:27 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:24:03 +0100
> Jaromil <jaro...@dyne.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, Steve Litt wrote:
>>
>>> The host uses Openbox. Next time I shut everything down and restart
>>> X, I'll try it with Xfce and fvwm ON THE HOST and see if that
>>> changes things.
>>
>> what can be also useful for the purpose of troubleshooting, use:
>>
>> xev -event keyboard
>>
>> and then press and release ctrl-alt inside the host wm, what does that
>> prints out? I run Devuan Jessie on i3 on kernel 4.7.0-0.bpo.1-amd64:
>
> The instructions in the preceding two paragraphs do nothing, because
> xev works only if its gui window has focus, and if you're inside the
> qemu guest then the xev window on the host doesn't have focus.
>
> What I did instead was:
>
> 1) Right ctrl on xev on the Void metal host (xev_void_metal.txt)
>
> 2) Right ctrl on xev in the Void qemu guest (xev_void.txt)
>
> 3) Right ctrl on xev in the Refracta qemu guest (xev_refracta.txt)
>
> The results of the three are concatenated in the following file:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/3750739
>
> I saw nothing within the results to in any way differentiate the
> Refracta guest from the Void guest, and yet the mouse can escape *only*
> the Void guest.
>
> If you have a different test in mind, please enumerate it click by
> click, command by command, so I can perform it. Also, in such
> enumeration please reserve the word "host" for the OS on bare metal,
> and the word "guest" for OS running inside Qemu, just so there's no
> possibility of my misinterpreting it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT

Steve,

Did you install Devuan jessie from one of the official isos or from the
unofficial live? If from the latter, I can think of one more test to do -
install from an official Devuan iso (non-live) and see if the mouse
behaves correctly. If it does, then the problem may have to do with the
refracta scripts.

fsmithred