> Nope, this is unrelated.  And they had no souls even late in Gnome2 days,
> before systemd was even a glimmer in Lennart's eye.

That is very surprising, and here I thought they once had a
conscience...  Although gnome 3 and systemd are very lets call it:
"unnecessary"

I say that only because of what debian has done because of those two
things.

Making systemd a required dependency for things that don't really need
it + removing runit-init and most other init options?

sounds nasty to me. I thought debian was the universally free operating
system. ;)

meh, false advertising, look away if you can...