Hi All:

I'm trying to install nvidia-drivers in order to use version 375.82. I can see it in jessie-backports non-free. It has various dependencies so I've added main and contrib.

Where I'm stuck is here:

nvidia-vdpau-driver : Depends: libvdpau1 (>= 0.9) but 0.8-3+deb8u2 is to be installed

Which is odd since jessie-backports main has this:

Package: libvdpau1
Source: libvdpau
Version: 1.1.1-1~bpo8+1

Version 1.1.1 should be installing, which would satisfy the dependency. However, it seems to be invisible to apt-get.

I've added the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:

# jessie-backports, testing but linked to stable

deb http://ca.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-backports main non-free contrib deb-src http://ca.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-backports main non-free contrib

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

Thanks,
Ed
--
Ed Fletcher

"Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty
sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat."
- Christopher Morley