On 15.08.17 21:49, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:42:50AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> >
> > ..I agree "hate" is a little too loaded and a little too warranted. ;o)
>
> Exactly my point.  But it's better to present the emotionally unloaded
> facts and let the listeners of readers come up with their own feelings
> about the matter.  People resent being force-fed emotions.

Even "loathe" is too strong to be attractive to an audience which is not
already converted. Understanding that hatred arises out of fear (nothing
less can evoke such a strong response, in reality), leads to a less
emotive presentation. Better to tickle the audience's curiosity, than to
bludgeon their intelligence with heavy propaganda.

They will be more attracted by outgoing engagement with their nascent
curiosity, than by a presenter egocentrically obsessing about his own
dark emotions.

Creeping dictatorial constraint vs freedom of choice ; Sterile monoculture
vs vital diversity, agile Linux vs monolithic M$-style Systemdix, ... let the
ego go off on a coffee break, and engage with the facts, as Hendrik so
wisely advises, but gently emphasise the dichotomy with evocative
adjectives, perhaps?

Erik