It returns 1024

So what does that mean?

Thanks

On 02/03/18 11:50, KatolaZ wrote:
On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 12:52:40AM +1300, BWK wrote:
Gidday all

I use qgis and have some projects in it that open over 1000 layers. This
runs up against the file open limit usually preset to 1000 in many distros.

in Debian I can edit /etc/security/limits.conf and set * soft nofile 10000
to be able to open the projects with more than 1000 layers without seeing
rejected file open requests and crashes from the software

This seems not to work in Devuan 2.0. Is there a hard limit somewhere else
of less than 1000 or is a different configuration system used (even though
this file is present)
Just a (possibly unrelated) random thought: I guess you have already
had a look at `ulimit -n`, right?

My2Cents

KatolaZ