I would welcome advice on what browser to use, given that Mozilla Firefox now
refuses to connect to my IPCop firewall box at 192.168.127.254:8022 making the
administration of the firewall impossible.

It claims that it cannot let me connect:
"The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of
the received data could not be verified."

Tried others, Dillo will not do https,  Arora complains that:
"Received finished signal while progress is still: 10 Url:  QUrl(
"https://192.168.127.254:8022/"; ) "

Vivaldi complains that:
"This site can’t provide a secure connection 192.168.1.254 sent an invalid
response. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

Even tried the venerable links in a terminal, ssl error.

Any other idea ?

If the developpers are worried about users wandering into unsafe sites, I would
understand a warning, but why the complete blockage ?

And is there a way around it ?

Cheers,

Ron.
--