On 6/10/21 11:29 PM, Stefan Krusche wrote:
Hi Fred,

Am Freitag, 11. Juni 2021 schrieb Fred:

I found udisks2 installed on the computer that automatically mounts
USB devices but there is no man page so I would not know how to use
it if installed on the other computer.

You can find man pages like this:

$ apropos udisks
udisks (8)           - Disk Manager
udisks2.conf (5)     - The udisks2 configuration file
udisksctl (1)        - The udisks command line tool
udisksd (8)          - The udisks system daemon
umount.udisks2 (8)   - unmount file systems that have been mounted by
UDisks2

Does the same:

$ man -k udisks
udisks (8)           - Disk Manager
udisks2.conf (5)     - The udisks2 configuration file
udisksctl (1)        - The udisks command line tool
udisksd (8)          - The udisks system daemon
umount.udisks2 (8)   - unmount file systems that have been mounted by
UDisks2

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,
I did find the man page for udisks. I will study that and the article for autofs. Likely one of them will work fine.

Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Fred