On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 23:24:53 +0000, g4sra wrote in message
<3-I1Mnq-aToducQnh5CLImg2nSd5IZQh3GNsh5DGpNaw4iha0dcDylg6VBobmontQ4d-Cw1nNK92q69Pk6GKIqfdaGEnJ602bNj0F-Qnc-I=@protonmail.com>:

> You read it in the man page, you do not start udisksd that way.
> what does the following command display when run with root
> privileges...
>
> udisksctl dump

..a bug?  For me, the first time, the 'less' part of it didn't respond
to 'q', so I '^C'ed it, got an error message I don't remember ending
"Press enter", so I did, udisksctl dump immediately restarted, another
'^C' did what it should have done the first time, and now 'udisksctl \
dump' appears to work just fine, responding as it should to both 'q'
and to '^C'.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: