On Oct 18, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
>> On Oct 17, 2014, at 11:59 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <i...@hallambaker.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Won't we need to move to the dpr...@ietf.org list to start the WG
>>> discussion?
>>
>> No, the announcement of the WG being formed said that this list is the WG's
>> list.
>
> Yup, as does the datatracker / charter page.
>
> However, many people automatically assume that the list for a wg is
> wg_n...@ietf.org.

And, when they are wrong, their mail bounces in an obvious fashion.

> I don't really want to do this, but Phillip does
> make a good point...

No, he doesn't. Ten years ago, that was common; today, a large percentage of
WGs that started as BoFs have the mailing list name different from the WG name.

> What would y'all like to do?
>
> A: keep the list name as dns-privacy@
> B: request that the list be migrated / renamed / whatever to dprive@

Please do A. B makes things harder for everyone, particularly those who want to
see the discussion to date. Other WGs in the same situation as us have done
*just fine*, and this seems like senseless process that will hinder our work.

--Paul Hoffman