I think that we have to go back to the original goal, to reduce leakage of
information so that we only disclose where there is a need to know.

The authoritative does not need to know who is making the request.

The TLD does not need to know the complete query.

At some point a recursive somewhere does need to know that a query is being
made. That puts client/resolver leakage in a different category to
client/authoritative.

Yes protecting that data might warrant investigation. Yes, I and others can
suggest schemes that would provide that protection. No, this is not
costless. No this is not a low hanging fruit. No this should not be our
focus in DPRIV right now.