On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org>
wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2014, at 7:35 PM, Watson Ladd <watsonbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Before DPRIV: anyone who owns the DNS box at an ISP can see all
> > dns-queries go through, and know who made them.
> >
> > After: exactly the same.
> >
> > Why? Because we were lazy, and solved the easy problems instead of the
> > worthwhile problems.
>
> Or: because we don't have the same threat model that you are proposing,
> and we want something deployable. Nothing in the current proposals prevents
> you from proposing your still-academic PIR proposals for a longer-term
> solution that applies to people who agree with your threat model.

Well some of the proposals are better suited to dropping in an alternative
privacy protecting transport layer such as TOR than others.

This is a use case I have considered in depth for an interested party.
SXS-Connect allows a service to specify the transport. While UDP and TCP
are the defined values, someone could use TOR.