On 2018-09-24 16:08, Brian Haberman wrote:
> All,
>      I would like the focus for this week (9/24-9/30) to be on
> clarifying the requirements from the user's perspective. So far, I have
> seen:
>
> * DNS transaction privacy, if possible
> * User willingness to send PII if transaction is encrypted
>
> Do others have additional requirements?

I propose to add:

* Data management practises (i.e. profiling, advertisement, re-selling, etc)

> If you agree with the above, could you describe a scenario to highlight
> the requirements?

I have difficulties seeing how a user (within the meaning of individual
internet consumer) has any practical choice to other than to share PII
with a DNS provider? It's not so much about "willingness" as it is about
"feeling comfortable with".

best regards,

Amelia

> Regards,
> Brian
>
> On 7/19/18 2:23 PM, Brian Haberman wrote:
>> This thread is for discussion of the user perspective of DNS privacy
>> between the recursive resolver and authoritative servers.
>>
>>     - Focus on *what* is needed.
>>     - Avoid *how* to achieve it.
>>     - Consider both ends of DNS the exchange.
>>     - Scenarios will frame the discussion.

Amelia Andersdotter
Technical Consultant, Digital Programme

ARTICLE19
www.article19.org

PGP: 3D5D B6CA B852 B988 055A 6A6F FEF1 C294 B4E8 0B55