> On Nov 8, 2019, at 17:06, Bob Harold <rharo...@umich.edu> wrote:
>

> I hate to admit it, and this is a little off topic, but my resolvers are not
> (yet) validating.

Then your resolvers’ configuration is years out of date. All resolvers these
days ship with validation enabled.

> Is there a setting that will attempt to validate, and log if it fails, but
> still answer the users?

At that point, everyone using 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1 or any other
non-opendns resolver would not be able to access that domain. Why would you
want to override that?

> I hear that there are occasional sites that fail validation, and would like
> to know what will break if and when I begin to validate.

Nothing that the vast majority of users would already not be able to see.

> I will also need to monitor the added load on the servers, although I don't
> expect it to be a problem.

That’s not an issue.

> I realize that not everyone agrees with this level of
> caution/fear/lack-of-backbone (I am sure there are other descriptions people
> would prefer).

It’s far too late for that level of concern by you.

Paul