>     Il 21/07/2020 02:27 Z.W. Yan <y...@cnnic.cn> ha scritto:
>

>     Correct, Stephane, the notification from resolver is more direct.
>     However, based on DHCP/ICMP is also an approach because the end-user is
> always bootstrapping based on DHCP/ICMP for the address configuration and so
> on.
>     Besides, the configuration of resolver can be supported by DHCP/ICMP and
> only an extension is needed based on RFC3646/4339...

I think it makes sense to standardize Do* service discovery via DHCP, then
people will decide whether they want to make use of it or not.

I would however note that this draft (subject to assessment by the WG chairs)
might be more in topic for the ADD working group - you may want to post it
there.

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com mailto:vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com