Hi Paul,

On Tue, 2020-08-11 at 21:43 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> I am against adoption for two reasons. The draft as it currently is,
> requires that domain name owners and nameserver hosting administrators
> synchronise their nameserver TLS keys. This is impossible to do at
> scale.

For various reasons, also unrelated to this draft, I hope that syncing
problem gets solved some day!

> Second, this method introduces a possible national MITM by the TLD being
> able to put in TLD wide DS records that might be published against the
> wishes of the childen within the TLD. A protection mechanism via the child
> confirming the parent record with a CDS record would address this concern.

I saw no appetite for that from other WG participants, which is why
this has not made it to the text, but I'm still not opposed to it.

> I truly wish the idea would work. And I still believe a DNSKEY bit on
> the DNSKEY to signal encrypted DNS availability would be worth pursuing.

As I said before, if this is the contribution that makes some other
draft work, I'll also be happy :)

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk