> On Apr 1, 2021, at 12:32 AM, Andrew Campling <andrew.campling@419.consulting>
> wrote:
>> On 31 March, 2021, at 23:223, Bill Woodcock <wo...@pch.net> wrote:
>> To my observation, the position of TLD operators is split.  Some of those
>> who directly face the costs of implementation would like to defer and
>> minimize those costs, and are asking people to be very clear what benefit
>> those increased costs would bring, and whether other less costly methods
>> have already been thoroughly explored.  Those who don’t directly face the
>> costs of implementation are, generally, quite supportive of encryption.
> Any view on the proportion of TLD operators in each group?

I honestly don’t…  The numbers that have specifically weighed in are small, and
for the vast majority of them, it’ll depend completely on the pricing model of
commercial DNS operators they depend on.  And that, in turn, leads back to the
question of whether the cost difference is getting passed through or not.

Sorry not to have anything more useful.

                                -Bill