> On Mar 31, 2021, at 11:39 PM, Rob Sayre <say...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think it's fine if you don't want to implement any given IETF RFC.

Then those RFCs should be worded carefully so that they don’t suggest that the
thing they’re proposing is generally applicable.  Particularly to the roots.
Which are actual critical infrastructure.

> Your business might be different--you know best there.

Since when are root servers a “business?”

We’re talking about critical infrastructure that everyone depends on.  Not some
random person’s “business” that can fail or not fail.  This isn’t a place for
pointless thrashing around as a byproduct of someone’s unrelated agenda.  Which
was, I think, the point of the statement.

                                -Bill