Hi All,

I am trying to use the truncate function associated with the CombAddress
object.

Here is the config:

*-- Any traffic that exceeds max qps will be loggedfunction
rateLimitRule(dq)  dq.remoteaddr:truncate(24)  errlog("Rate Limit Exceeded:
DNSDistRateLimiting "..dq.remoteaddr:toString())  return DNSAction.None,
""endaddAction(MaxQPSIPRule(10, 24, 48), LuaAction(rateLimitRule))*

Unfortunately I see the following output:

*dnsdist[882]: Rate Limit Exceeded: DNSDistRateLimiting 10.51.13.64*

I know this must work so I must be doing something wrong.

Regards,
brian
--

Brian M. Sullivan
Senior Staff Security Intelligence Engineer