The frustrating thing about this discussion is that Shane is right. Personally I think rdns is useful, but there is no market pressure to do it right, and doing it wrong isn't that useful.

Fundamentally the problem is that the ISP owns the rdns delegation, and they have no reason to set up a system that few of their customers will even be able to use. I'm not confident this problem is fixable, but if it is, that is where the trouble lies, and that is what probably has to be fixed. _______________________________________________