Hi Joe,
At 10:58 18-02-2014, Joe Abley wrote:
I had some experience with this recently with the document that became RFC 7043.

Code-point assignment was swift. Implementation in major nameservers was swift (although one or two of them left the types commented out in the source until the RFC was published). The RFC publication process was not arduous, even given the privacy concerns with this particular proposal.

I appreciate that knowing the process made things easier (mainly; I was wrong about some things and had to be educated). But I would not describe the process as difficult, and certainly not insurmountable.

I was not thinking of the IETF process. Mark Andrews covered what I was thinking of in a message at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg11173.html

Regards,
-sm