On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Jiankang Yao <ya...@cnnic.cn> wrote:

>   Section
> 3.1.1<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-dns-applications-07#section-3.1.1>.
> has some related discussion to this topic.
>
> From the IAB draft, it seems that IAB does not prefer to tailor dns
> response based on the originator.

3.1.1 reads pretty neutral to me, even saying that it "introduces little
harm" (for web portals) and that it has broad adoption in the field.  It
just notes that it doesn't have much support in the community.

But it clearly has broad support on the internet. At this point a majority
of DNS responses are likely based on the originator (that's my guess based
on local data, but it'd be interesting to see real data).

--
Colm