On May 16, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Nicholas Weaver <nwea...@icsi.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> No its not.  All you have to be willing to do is release the constraint on
> "all signatures offline".  Doing online signatures allows all the CDN
> functionality you want to be DNSSEC validated (not like DNSSEC really does
> much good for A records anyway...).

It's quite a bit more complicated than that.   The main problem is that certain
existing practices won't work and have to be changed somewhat.   It's entirely
do-able; the problem is that someone who is already doing those practices may
see the work required to add DNSSEC support prohibitively risky.

If you want to get into the details, I can see if there's a way to get you a
copy of the discussion, but at this point it's moot since the document has been
approved.

I think it would be beneficial if someone with a real interest in this topic
could write a draft about it explaining existing practice in more detail and
talking about how to morph that so that it works with DNSSEC.   As you say,
on-line signing is the first step.