Hello,

On 20 Sep 2016, at 18:13, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

Do you like long terminology discussions, backed by a dozen RFC, where
people disagree on what's written in these RFC? If so, read on.

When I told you about this confusion in your draft I wasn’t even looking for a long terminology discussion. Be careful what you wish for, I suppose ;)

RFC 7719 does not define QNAME (probably because it seemed obvious).

I checked 7719 today, was surprised QNAME was not in there. Probably a good idea to fix for 7719bis?

Is the QNAME "www.afnic.fr" or "lb01-1.nic.fr" ("the data field of the
last CNAME")???

In my mind, lb01-1.nic.fr, but I understand the other position - somewhat.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk