> If someone can just start using a name and thus make it too hard
> to delegate we have a much a bigger problem.

That's been true approximately forever, viz. .onion, .belkin, .corp,
.local, .mail, and probably still .uucp that are too poisoned to allow
reliable delegation and new use.  That's why we're here.

The fundamental and I hope obvious problem, is that the IETF and ICANN
have no control over software that people write and the hardware they
embed it in.  If someone creates popular software leaking requests for
.PICKLE, we can grouse all we want but since we're not the Network
Police, there's not much we can do about it.

R's,
John