On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:16:28 +0100 (CET)
sth...@nethelp.no wrote:
> > > So if this is the IP of a phishing site or the IP of an command
> > > and control host that tells its bot to execute criminal action
> > > you still valid the accuracy of the answer higher then possible
> > > damage this could do to your user?
> > yes.
> > In your example, ethically, it is a problem that should be
> > addressed on IP, not on DNS
> >
> > It is never okay to tell lies.
>
> Unfortunately the real world isn't that simple.

it actually is.

> Sometimes you are required by law to tell lies. Case in point: Various

it still is never okay to lie and to deceive.

If the law requires you to answer example.com as ipv4 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The law does not say : send "Pirate Bay" to "example.com" to deceive
your users! it may instruct you to send coca-cola.org to coca-cola.com

but I am not aware of any court (on the planet?) that instructs people
to lie, cheat, steal or deceive - maybe in the interests of national
security, etc. - but arguing that is like pulling the dam from underneath the
duck.

 so, factually, the law is not instructing you to lie or to deceive.

the law is saying: do not resolve "pirate bay" or lie to your users or
deceive your users!

Why would you say (or think that?)

your reply is not addressing dishonesty at all?

This is a simply  about ethics.

dishonesty